Inspired by one of my new favorite food blogs Love and Olive Oil, I thought I’d join Lindsay for “Basil Week”. Also, my organic basil plant has been growing like weed and wanted to be used.
This is not a fancy culinary adventure. This is a simple, easy, quick recipe for a delicious (bread) spread. Since I use recipes for inspiration only and never follow the measurements, you won’t find exact measurements in this recipe below either.
- Melt unsalted butter so it’s soft enough to be mixed with the other ingredients.
- Finely chop a bunch of fresh basil leaves.
- Press or mince garlic cloves.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Add a few grains of coarse sea salt and ground pepper.
- Put in freezer or fridge until firm.
- Serve with toasted fresh artisan bread or add to pasta, seafood dishes and veggies. Oh, heck, use for everything you can think of.