Available at Pier 1 Imports on sale for $5.56 each.
Even before Emma was born, I started designing her birth announcements already. Yeah, I’m THAT person. (Would now be a good time to tell you that I’m already gathering ideas for Emma’s first birthday party?)
Here’s what we sent out to friends and family to share our excitement about Emma’s arrival:
Here’s what I did:
- I designed a sash with the birth information and printed it on light weight vellum paper.
- I picked a cheeky photo of Emma from our recent family photo shoot and ordered 50 prints on Snapfish.
- Of course, the color palette for Emma’s nursery had to be represented. All materials and paper found at Paper Source.
- I glued the photo to the cards, cut the sash, wrapped it around the card, closed it in the back with scotch tape and repeated that process 49 times. (With a newborn on my hands, it took me forever to complete this project.)
- I was surprised that I figured out how to set up the file (in Word) to print the addresses directly onto each envelope.
- I used the Word templates provided by Paper Source to design the address labels and used them to close each envelope.
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered.
And here are the products I used:
- light weight vellum paper
- A6 note cards in Pool
- A6 vellum envelopes in Mango
- 2 1/2in round labels in Pool
- scotch tape
- tacky glue (love the fine tip)
Can’t wait to design the invitations for her first birthday party!
By now, you probably discovered that I have a weakness for all things turquoise and orange. So imagine my joy when I found these adorable, affordable thank you cards.
Perfect to send a personal note of gratitude to my baby shower guests. $10 for 50. Available here.
Orange metal table lamp. 19″ H. $60. Available here.
No sweet home is complete without art on the walls. In an effort to add some variety to the usual framed family portraits, I have been browsing through Etsy, my favorite resource for all things unique, pretty and affordable.
The task: Find affordable, adorable art for the a) living room, b) kitchen, and c) nursery.
The result: Here’s what I found.
Between you and me: I am not so sure if I still want the Keep Calm And Carry On poster as it seems like I’ve seen the design all over the place: from note books to water bottles and even band aids. But then, it is a great motto and I do love the simple design.
When I saw the Germany/Ich Liebe Dich print (bottom right), I almost teared up a bit. What a cute design and so perfectly fitting for our baby’s room! Since stuff like this seems to be flying off the Etsy shelves, I purchased it right away. Cannot wait for the print to arrive!
Which ones would you get? Do you have favorites on Etsy? Would love to see your finds. Just post them in the comments.
Sources (all on Etsy.com): kitchen – from left to right: G’Day Sunshine by Blu Lima, Let Them Eat Cake by Blu Lima; living room – from left to right: I Heart California by Nan Lawson, Pondlife by RedBeanDesign, Keep Calm And Carry On by Blu Lima, Love Alphabet by Twig Creative; nursery – from left to right: Birth Keepsake by Pretty Mod; Alphabet Print by Lovely Sweet William; You’re So Love by JessGonacha; Eat Your Greens by Caty 99; Ich Liebe Dich by Lisa Babero.
I thought I’d start a new category that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with babies. Come back for more treasures and finds that will probably be…turquoise or a shade thereof.
This chair rocks – literally. I totally want this lovely piece of furniture for our living room. Color: Robins Egg Blue. But you knew that, right?