Even before Emma was born, I started designing her birth announcements already. Yeah, I’m THAT person. (Would now be a good time to tell you that I’m already gathering ideas for Emma’s first birthday party?)
Here’s what we sent out to friends and family to share our excitement about Emma’s arrival:
Here’s what I did:
- I designed a sash with the birth information and printed it on light weight vellum paper.
- I picked a cheeky photo of Emma from our recent family photo shoot and ordered 50 prints on Snapfish.
- Of course, the color palette for Emma’s nursery had to be represented. All materials and paper found at Paper Source.
- I glued the photo to the cards, cut the sash, wrapped it around the card, closed it in the back with scotch tape and repeated that process 49 times. (With a newborn on my hands, it took me forever to complete this project.)
- I was surprised that I figured out how to set up the file (in Word) to print the addresses directly onto each envelope.
- I used the Word templates provided by Paper Source to design the address labels and used them to close each envelope.
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered.
And here are the products I used:
- light weight vellum paper
- A6 note cards in Pool
- A6 vellum envelopes in Mango
- 2 1/2in round labels in Pool
- scotch tape
- tacky glue (love the fine tip)
Can’t wait to design the invitations for her first birthday party!